Rozenberg Natal'ya Vladimirovna, Doctor of philosophy, associate professor, head of sub-department of communication management, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Loginov Aleksandr Vadimovich, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. In modern reality of the information society the institutions of mass media and communication obtain special importance. In the present time the significance of such institutions is not less, than the traditional social institutions (education, family etc). The article is to show on the basis of the analysis of the main theories of communication that in XXI century the mass media and communication, giving the rise to a great number of new practices and modifying the existing ones, are one of the primary means of interaction of people.
Materials and methods. Theoretical- methodological base of the research includes the ideas and concepts of study-nomenological methodology, and the concept of information society.
Results. The authors analyzed the main modern theories of communication, pointed out major functions of mass media and communication. It is shown that the development of mass communication means is a significant factor of dynamics of the social mobilety processes.
Conclusions. The analysis of modern concepts of the theory of communication showed that mass communication penetrated all spheres of social life and appears to be a form of production of the modern society by means and in the framework of which there are established and disseminated various mental-cultural values that form the models of behavior and activity of peole, purposes and dedications of the life of a person from the mass.
mass media, mass communication, social mobility, social practice, young people, Internet, audience
1. Sharkov F. I. Osnovy teorii kommunikatsii [Fundamental of the theory of communication]. Moscow: Sotsial'nye otnosheniya; Perspektiva, 2002, 615 p.
2. Khorkkhaymer M., Adorno T. Dialektika prosveshcheniya. Filosofskie fragmenty [Dialectics of education. Philosophic fragments]. Moscow; Saint Petersburg: Medium; Yuventa, 1997, 502 p.
3. Vershinin M. S. Politicheskaya kommunikatsiya v informatsionnom obshchestve [Political communication in the information society]. Saint Petersburg: Izd-vo Mikhaylova V. A., 2001, 707 p.
4. Schienstock G. Current Sociology. Special Issue: Current Economic Sociology: Problems and Prospects. 2007, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 83–99.
5. Habermas J. The theory of communicative action. Vol. 1. Reason and rationalization of society. Polity Press. Cambridge, 2004, 511 p.
6. Luman N. Real'nost' mass-media [Reality of mass media]. Moscow: Praksis, 2005, 211 p.
7. Bell D. Gryadushchee postindustrial'noe obshchestvo: opyt sotsial'nogo prognozirovaniya [Forthcoming postindustrial society: experience of social forecasting]. Moscow: Akademiya, 1999, 336 p.
8. Kastel's M. Informatsionnaya epokha: ekonomika, obshchestvo i kul'tura [Informational era: economy, society and culture]. Moscow: GU-VShE, 2001, 417 p.